Monday, June 23, 2008

My Financial Goals

Short-term Goals (1-2 years)
  • Contribute $5,000 to my Roth IRA - in 2008
  • Earn my bonus each quarter this year - This would add up to $4,000 for the year. Of course, that's assuming I stay at my current job.
  • Find an additional source of income
  • Have an emergency fund of at least $3,000 - by next year
  • Have a $3,000 travel fund - by summer 2009

Mid-term Goals (2-5 years)

  • Save a total of $25,000 across all investments - This includes amounts specified in other goals
  • Save at least $10,000 for a down payment on a home

Long-term Goals (5+ years)

  • Get out of debt - I don't know if I'll ever be fully out of debt due to my school loans and then one day having a home. I'd like to at least limit it to 'good' debt. I have very little credit card debt and would like to pay off my car.
  • Save a total of $50,000 across all investments

No comments: