Saturday, August 9, 2008

So far, so good

This was my first week at my new job and so far I'm loving it! Within my first week at my last job I was miserable, so I'm taking this as a good sign. I had new employee orientation yesterday and they explained all of our benefits. We get a pension plan and a 403(b) with 50% employer matching on the first 6% we contribute. Both are fully vested after 3 years. The fund choices for the 403(b) seem pretty good. I'm going to start out by contributing 6% in order to get the full match, but beyond that I'll put money in my Roth IRA until I reach the limit because the expenses on it are next to nothing.

I'm struggling with what health plan to choose. There are four options ranging in premiums from $20.32-$91.07 biweekly. To complicate things further, it doesn't appear that my doctor is in their network. I absolutely love my doctor and have been going to her for almost 10 years. I really don't want to switch doctors, but the cost of going out-of-network is horrible. ugh....

4 comments:

Sallie's Niece said...

Hi, I've nominated you for an award!

Unknown said...

Hi,
My name is Caren.

I find your site http://brightpennies.blogspot.com/ and the selection of resources very interesting.
I have a good credit card website that contains much useful information for your readers. There's a fine set of articles that reveal all pros and cons of credit cards, give tips how to reduce credit card debt and establish good credit.

If it agrees with your policy, I would like to place some links at your site.

Please let me know if you are interested via email caren@acclaimnetwork.com
Thank you for your time,
Regards,
Caren.

undercover vixen said...

o wow.. you've not posted for a while so I am not sure if you still check this. However I just wanted to know if you could help me out. I just started my own pf blog and we have the same blogger template. I ahve been trying to get the debt progress bars but no one has been able to let me know how to put it into blogger. I'd appreciate it if you could help me out.
Thanks.

Tracie said...

Great.. Money management help